With Drumset Essentials, Peter Erskine takes you step-by-step from the very beginning, with the most fundamental concepts about technique and musicality discussed and illustrated in detail. Whether you are a beginner or an accomplished drummer, Peter's basic rules are sure to improve your skills.
The exercises in this first volume of three concentrate on essential hand and feet techniques, coordination of the hands and feet, and the most elementary beats with variations.
Two basic styles are addressed in this book: straight eight-note beats and swing or triplet-based beats. The CD contains examples of many of the written exercises for listening, as well as original tracks both with and without drums for play-along use.
- Basic techniques for hands and feet
- Arranging the drumset for maximum efficiency
- Rock, Pop and Jazz styles
- Basic timekeeping concepts
- Snare drum, bass drum, hi-hat & ride cymbal coordination
- Practice tips
- Tuning & drumset / cymbal selection
- Play-along CD
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.