The Poetic Tone-Pictures from Opus 3 were published in 1865, when Grieg was 21, and although they are more difficult than the Lyric Pieces, they do not contain anything above Grade 6/7 standard.
The Lyric Pieces from Opus 12 were published in 1867, when Grieg was 24, and are - with the exception of some of the folk-song arrangements from Opus 17 - the easiest pieces Grieg ever wrote. There can be little doubt that they were a conscious attempt to produce attractive material for the beginner.
- Album Leaf
- Arietta in Eb, Op. 12 No. 1
- Dance of the Elves, Op. 12 No. 4
- Norwegian Air, Op. 12 No. 6
- Poetic Tone-Pictures, Op. 3 (6): Nos. 1 in E minor, 2 in Bb, 3 in C minor, 4 in A, 5 in F, 6 in E minor
- Song of the Fatherland, Op. 12 No. 8
- Waltz in A, Op. 12 No. 2
- Watchman's Song, Op. 12 No. 3
- Folk Song, Op. 12 No. 5
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.